Through my research, I decided that I would check out Coptic Orthodox first. Coptic is the Greek word for Egyptian. Nah... To be honest, it was pure curiosity which started about a year ago when I looked into the meaning behind the wedding ceremony of Coptic Christians. Heck, my initial reactions were "Dang, there's a crown and they wear a robe???" But as I read further the beauty and symbolism behind the pomp and circumstance spoke to me. However, I told myself "No, your curiosity is because you're dating someone of this faith." And I left it at that for the longest time because I felt the integrity of my curiosity would be seen as someone who was purely infatuated with her dating prospects. (That whole dating subject and person matter is to be left in God's hands and will no longer be discussed on a public forum). In any case, I was still very curious several months down the road, so I began my online search for information about Coptic Christi...
Comments
Post a Comment